Forum

TOPIC: Chromehounds

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217482

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
My question is: As someone who played Armored Core to death almost ten years ago on the original Playstation, what makes this game any different, aside from online play and a graphical overhaul?I'm just not seeing much of anything new here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217499

• agn
  • Administrator
Ok I've now logged in over 10 hours online and can't believe how addictive this game is. I have really grown to like the graphics and the communication feature of securing com towers to talk to teammates.The customization is sweet once you understand how it all works. The servers have been kind of crappy but overall I would say buy the game if you like mech combat. I can see this taking ALOT of my overnight gaming away from MLB.I suggest an ALLGAMES squad since the gamer andy crew is pretty full and they talk alot more than play. Those guys are amazing at the game though so its good to have a teacher before getting owned right out of the box.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217629

• BGriff07
  • Level 8
i'd join the ocgn squad :) just send me a msg on xbl when were both online!
[gamercard]B Griffith[/gamercard] [psnid]B_Griffith[/psnid]

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217685

• Hendrix
agn wrote:
Ok I've now logged in over 10 hours online and can't believe how addictive this game is. I have really grown to like the graphics and the communication feature of securing com towers to talk to teammates.The customization is sweet once you understand how it all works. The servers have been kind of crappy but overall I would say buy the game if you like mech combat. I can see this taking ALOT of my overnight gaming away from MLB.I suggest an ALLGAMES squad since the gamer andy crew is pretty full and they talk alot more than play. Those guys are amazing at the game though so its good to have a teacher before getting owned right out of the box.
I'd be up for an Allgames squad. The problem is getting enough people who play regularly, and also getting people that want to play all the different RT's, namely the command RT. So far, the only times I've been in a losing battle, is when there's no command hound.

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217697

I'm waiting for this game from Gamefly. If I like it i'll buy and an join the squad.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217703

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I'll rent it. if I like it I'll ask for it for my birthday
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217709

• agn
  • Administrator
I really enjoy the CTF and Team Deathmatch games I play in as well. It's funny to see people make certain units, like this one guy who is REALLY fast can hover around, but since he has no weapons (it slows you down) he's just scouting and distracting the other team, pretty funny to see him.

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217713

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
If NCAA wasn't coming out tomorrow. Chrome Hounds sounds like the coop team tactics game I wanted Battlefield 2 to be - unfortunatly the broken mic bug destroyed any type of team coordination and all my friends left the game behind. I really enjoyed Mech Assualt 2 but really haven't played any other mech type games. What do you think Ridge Racer and Battlefield would fetch in trades?

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217716

• agn
  • Administrator
I missed the NCAA touney thing today

Chromehounds 13 years 8 months ago #217835

• _TC
  • Level 3
I played the single player a bit tonight and all I have to say is if that can get out the door anyone who has ever dreamed of making a game should go for it. Obviously it doesn't take much to get something published.I'll try the multiplayer out in the next couple of days, but putting that disc back into my 360 isn't going to be easy. From what everyone is saying I've got to give that a chance before I make my mind up about the game.