Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: I like the the regular controller instead of the "S"

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 3 weeks ago #16700

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
lauren wrote:
i've had mine since launch and i can't play with the S either. the black and white buttons are in an awkward spot for me.and it's funny how they say that the S is better for people with smaller hands, cause i have really small hands.
I have small hands too (probably bigger than yours), and I can't stand it for long periods of time. But I did see my improvement in PGR2 when using it. Much easier for driving. But for other games, The big one for me is the way to go.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 3 weeks ago #16770

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
The Matrix wrote:
Well, My cousin got his Xbox at launch. I went over there at least one time a month or more and played games with the Regular.It feels as though S is too small. Gamecube controller is small, but it fits perfect. Xbox one is Big, But it feels right. PS2 controller is Perfect all around, right size and everything. :PS just feels weird.
lauren wrote:
i've had mine since launch and i can't play with the S either. the black and white buttons are in an awkward spot for me.and it's funny how they say that the S is better for people with smaller hands, cause i have really small hands.
This is why I said the question is how long did you use the "Duke" controller before you tried the "S" controller. You are used to the "Duke" controller, your body/hands are adjusted to the "Duke." The "S" controller is the one that came with mine, I'm used to it, the "Duke" is too big. I feel Like it's a huge reach to hit buttons. You go with what your body knows, trying to relearn something is hard for your body.On the opposite side for my PS2 I have a controller that's larger than the Sony Dualshock. My GameCube...for now it's the regular

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 3 weeks ago #16771

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
I just started using an AirflowXL for My PS2. It is a bit bigger, but Playing Pandora Tomorrow Online got me used to it. :D

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 2 weeks ago #16777

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah I bought my original Playstation used from a friend, he had a MadCats controller that has longer hand grips than the PS controller. So now when I need to replace my contoller on the PS2 I look for long grips, because otherwise it feels like I'm not holding anything.;-)

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 2 weeks ago #16779

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Mine is like this: Except a little thinner on the back, and It's not wireless. I didn't think a fan would make a difference, but it actually makes me play better! :P

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 2 weeks ago #16780

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
The Matrix wrote:
You may think I'm crazy. But the only game the Controller S is good for is Project Gotham Racing 2 and a couple of other games. I can't even play it with Halo. I prefer the large controller over it. :DAnyone else use the regular controller?
It's the opposite for me, i think th eonly game that the big "Duke" controller is good for is Halo. I think it's perfect for me with that game, but for any others, it's just awkward.The Big one came with my Xbox, I used it for about 6 month's before I got my S controller. My hands got tired much quicker with the big one since my hand had to stretch to reach some buttons......and I have long fingers! I have to get a second S controller though cause whenever I have company, I have to give them the S while I take the Duke and Playing Crimson Skies with that thing on Xbox Live just kills my stats cause it's hard to use the white and black buttons.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 2 weeks ago #16812

• Moxy
  • Level 1
I have yet to find a controller that beats the mouse and keyboard.

I like the the regular controller instead of the "S" 15 years 2 weeks ago #18697

• Mr_Pink
  • Level 5
The Matrix wrote:
You may think I'm crazy. But the only game the Controller S is good for is Project Gotham Racing 2 and a couple of other games. I can't even play it with Halo. I prefer the large controller over it. :DAnyone else use the regular controller?
I didn't ever think that the original controller was all that large in the first place. There are just to many whiners out there.
  • Page: