Forum

TOPIC: A worthwhile petition

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15815

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
No what would have made me feel better was had you actually given some type of indication you were making a joke. Considering you don't post much of G4 I don't really know your personality as well as some other people here. You put no smilie faces, no laughing remarks, or anything of the sort. How was I supposed to know you weren't just being a fanboy? I am sure there ARE some people who do believe this though, so how could I tell. Besides I have seen stupid petition stuff online before like this that has actually been real, so its not like it was blatantly obvious that it was a joke. Then you gave me bad rep because of something you failed to indicate, which seems unfair if you ask me. BTW, to whoever just gave me bad rep, you suck. I have no doubt you didn't read the entire thread and so don't understand the context in which I was saying that, or why. Please refrain from giving bad rep to people in the future because you don't fully understand something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15821

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
The use of the term "esteemed colleague" and the use of alliteration towards fake petitions then a petition about something as absurd as making a video game release date a national holiday pretty much clued everyone else in. This isn't the only place I posted that same text, and everyone else got it.I guess it's because my humor is more geared toward an older crowd who can detect that type of stuff. For that, I apologize. I'll remember to dumb down my humor while I'm here.Also, had you actually read the TEXT of the petition, it was basically one line that ended with "So are you with me OR ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!???????" It was blatantly obvious that it was a joke even then as well. Anytime someone uses their chat handle to make a petition just shows how facetious it really is.Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Hell, ZORN figured it out of all people.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15823

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
Blackwolf wrote:
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Hell, ZORN figured it out of all people.
What is that supposed to mean?

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15824

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
That you're not a rocket scientist. Duh.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15835

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
You know I should really start giving you some bad rep Blackwolf since you don't bother to read my posts. You apparently think I didn't read your post very well so you gave me some, so since you didn't read mine very well I should give you some. Now I will REPEAT myself for your benefit. As I said I HAVE SEEN REAL petitions that have been for stupid things like this before. Secondly as I said I have no way of knowing you weren't a fanboy since this is something that someone like Heat or Dualist would do. Add to that no smilies or laughing and its not obvious at all. Using the words esteemed colleague doesn't show it being sarcastic at all. Nor do I need anything to be "dumbed down", and if you insult me again then I WILL give you that bad rep I believe you so deserve. When I called you a jackass though I was being serious. You have bitched about people here and over at G4 not liking you, well theres your reason. Becuase you act like a jackass alot of the time by being a smartass about everything. For the most part I would say you are responsible for your own reputation.

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15860

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I've never disagreed on that. People ARE responsible for their own reputation. 100%.So, feel free to give me the bad rep. You say I deserve it, then I deserve it, and I'm not sure what's holding you back.I've never "bitched" about people not liking me. Sure, I ask why, but I never "bitch". I never intended to insult you by saying that my humor goes over some people's heads. IT'S THE TRUTH. It went right over YOUR head, didn't it? All I said is that I apologize that it flew over your head, and you're twisting it into some type of insult. Which means, there's nothing I can say or do to make you happy. So I won't even bother. I apologize and you whine and bitch some more.So go ahead, throw your temper tantrum. This time I'll be nice and let the subject drop and let you have the last word. Forum dramas are dumb, anyway.

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15863

We have to remember that with just text alone, you can miss the tonal inflections and visual cues that come when someone's joking. Also, I know I've read somethings when i've been having a bad day or just totally pissed (as in angry or drunk) and mistook what someone wrote.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15873

• Komposit
  • Level 9
Arandar you're statements are so biased. I'm not even going to start my ownage on you, you're not even worth my time.

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #15891

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
You know I should really start giving you some bad rep Blackwolf since you don't bother to read my posts. You apparently think I didn't read your post very well so you gave me some, so since you didn't read mine very well I should give you some. Now I will REPEAT myself for your benefit. As I said I HAVE SEEN REAL petitions that have been for stupid things like this before. Secondly as I said I have no way of knowing you weren't a fanboy since this is something that someone like Heat or Dualist would do. Add to that no smilies or laughing and its not obvious at all. Using the words esteemed colleague doesn't show it being sarcastic at all. Nor do I need anything to be "dumbed down", and if you insult me again then I WILL give you that bad rep I believe you so deserve. When I called you a jackass though I was being serious. You have bitched about people here and over at G4 not liking you, well theres your reason. Becuase you act like a jackass alot of the time by being a smartass about everything. For the most part I would say you are responsible for your own reputation.
Ugh. If all of your posts are this attention whore, crybaby, please think I'm smart crap I'm surprised you don't get negative rep more often. Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he's got such a pattern it's almost funny. The whole spammer/think I'm smart/argueing for arguement's sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf.

A worthwhile petition 15 years 2 months ago #16429

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Komposit wrote:
Arandar you're statements are so biased. I'm not even going to start my ownage on you, you're not even worth my time.
I'll translate that for everyone else: "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and so am just trying to start trouble because I'm an X-Box fanboy who thinks the day Fable comes out should be a National Holiday." There I would say that about covers it. Again though if your going to make accusations about me supposadly hating the X-Box then you need to provide proof. I have never said anything bashing the X-Box before, only that I USED to not think it didn't have many great exclusives. As Zorn has told you more then once I am getting an X-Box eventually, when I get the money or once I found out if the second one has BC. But please feel free to provide this proof so I can see for myself just how much of this "owange" you will have on me.