Forum

TOPIC: Hey...

Hey... 15 years 4 weeks ago #14085

• Dragoona
  • Stage B - 3
how do I make my xbox store games without modding it? What games/hardware do I need to do this? I saw it on TSS, and I thought it would be great for college that way I wouldn't have to worry about lugging games around..
OAS AAS LLSproud brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia.[url=http://http://twitter.com/#!/TheFooch]Tweet Tweet Tweet[/url]Foochy Fooch BlogMy Video Blog
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hey... 15 years 4 weeks ago #14086

Check out Kevin's site and look for the Dark Tips. I'd bet home-baked cookies that he's got info up there on how to do it.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Hey... 15 years 4 weeks ago #14093

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
This is taken from a guide i made for a other forum member EDIT: if you are planing on backing up Xbox games to the hard drive, you will need to update the harddrive, the one that comes with it is only 8 gigs. alright, First you need to have Splinter cell normal version (you can also use Mechassult, NOT one that came with xbox live, or the silver cased one) You need to download some "special" files for the game (you will have to talk to me about where to get them, as i'm not sure i can say here). You download the files. Now, you need a way to get these files on your xbox, you can A. Get a friend who has a modded xbox to get the files and put them on a memory card. B. Action replay. For action replay, You can the save file, and upload it to your memory card (warning, some have said the memory card that comes with the action replay does not work with the hack, while it did work for me, you MAY need to get a different one) Now, you go into the xbox dashboard and copy the save files over to your hard drive (MAKE SURE you don't have any Splinter cell or mechassult saves, for whatever game you are hacking) Now go into the game, and load up the save (for splinter cell, select checkpoints, not levels, or the game will freeze), now if the game gives you a "21" error, don't worry, just restart and try again, if it does not work again, then a problem could have happened in the savegame, reupload it and try again. Now after this, evoX will load up, now you can FTP to your xbox and put other programs on it. Go into System utils, then settings, now copy the IP number and input it into the FTP program (if you don't have one, I would go with Filezilla, which you can get on sourceforge) Now you can put any program you want on your xbox, HOWEVER you can't really do much with just a savegame hack. The reason? You can't change disk's, or else the system will reset. And if you use a program (say, an emulater) you can't quit it without an error message. there ARE ways around this, because you can FTP to your xbox, you now can use other explots to let you not only get into your xbox without using a save game, but a few that let you change disks, and all of these let you use xbox live. One way is an audio exploit (WARNING, IF YOU USE THIS, YOU CAN'T USE CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS). Now you must download this from the site you got the save game from (or from me), and place this all in your xbox. Now, with all the files in place, go into your sound tracks, there should be a blank one with one track, go to copy and make a new sound track and call it <<EggsBox>> (the B is a accent, bottom row), the screen should boot to the xbox logo, then to a green screen (old xbox dashboard) then to evox. Now you can use more then one program at one time, and control when the mod takes place. If you want to use xbox live, you don't do what was said above. Thats all, HOWEVER you can't change disks [url=http://That%20is%20where%20the%20UDE%20comes%20in] This is where UDE comes in (the link, while it does tell you how to do it, is a bit older, you CAN play xbox live games on it, just can't use the dashboard access for it) with this, it auto boots right to evox (if you place a game in the xbox while the green xbox logo is up, it bypass's it, letting you use xbox live) and you can open the disk tray and back up games. AND do all other functions

Hey... 15 years 3 weeks ago #14455

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Also, you may want to try the Font exploits They also work very well (I'm using the BigFonts one right now, works just fine)

Hey... 15 years 3 weeks ago #14459

just crack her open and mod it all the way
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Hey... 15 years 3 weeks ago #14463

• zell58
  • Level 6
just seems like a lot of work...we gamers are so crafty eh?
[gamercard]Z3ll58[/gamercard]

Hey... 15 years 3 weeks ago #14479

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly wrote:
just crack her open and mod it all the way
do that, and you will void the warranty (if you still have it), this way above will not void the warranty. Also, if you have most of this stuff (like I did) it will cost you much less then a mod chip.