Forum

TOPIC: Future Franchise or One-Time Hit

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14493

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
I'll give you my thoughts on Crimson Skies.The original Crimson Skies which was released in 2000 sucked. The game had bad controls, ugly graphics even for its time, the gameplay was dull, and well...... It just plain sucked. It was PC exclusive.Then Crimson Skies : High Road to Revenge, the sequel to the first one, was released in 2003. Many people consider it to be one of the best XBL games. Sure, the single-player game may be short and it can get abit repetitive, but the graphics are gorgeous, the environments are huge, the multiplayer is great, and the game has a unique storyline and setting. But like BG&E, even though it got great reviews, the game didnt sell well. I wouldnt call Crimson Skies a financial flop- Not at all. But the game was below expectations on the sales. So far the developers of Crimson Skies have given no word on a sequel, but there have been rumors of the Crimson Sky developers planning a sequel.I think it would be a great franchise. Just imagine if the franchise lasted so long that you'd get to see what the Crimson Skies universe would look like in modern times. :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14497

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah I would like to see Crimson Skies become a franchise. WHat made me get High Road to revenge was me remembering playing the PC version and kinda liking it (forgive me but I am a flight sim/airplane junkie, I only played the demo version of it).
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14509

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Hopefully Crimson Skies 3 is in the works.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14773

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
Wow, this thread is dead.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14847

• zell58
  • Level 6
I like the game but i need to wait for X-box live until i can fully enjoy it
[gamercard]Z3ll58[/gamercard]

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #14962

• Sub-Z
  • Level 10
Riddick was a wondeful game and hope it is a Franchise. Actually playing Riddick kinda ruined Doom 3 for me because the visuals were so good in Riddick. Not to mention the story/acting/level design/ first person fighting gameplay. It was just a great all around game. The only problem with a sequel is where is it gonna take place? I am guessing Pitch Black happened not long after this. It would have to happen in the time between Pitch Black and COR since there seems to be like a 5 year gap there. I know there was that cartoon I haven't seen, but there is a lot of space there.The fact XPlay gave such a great title like Riddick only a 4 out of 5 really shocked me.
Excuse me while I take a G-Phoria and wipe my Geoff Keighley.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 2 months ago #15079

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
Well, we dont seem to have come to an answer on if Crimson Skies should become a franchise. But lets move onto to then next game, shall we? Disscus.