Forum

TOPIC: Future Franchise or One-Time Hit

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14223

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Legend of DragoonWill it have a Sequel that will equel or outdo the first?We will never know.......Damn you Sony!
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14267

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
We seem to have an answer for Riddick becoming a franchise: Yes, it will become a franchise due to the sucess of the game and the movie.Now its time for a new game on this topic. Discuss.EDIT: fvck. I didnt notice True's post.Why dont we discuss both?My take on LOD: The game will most likely never have a sequel. The ending doesnt leave much for a sequel to be built upon anyway. I may not have played LOD, but from what I've heard, alot of people dont think it needs a sequel.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14268

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Zorn wrote:
We seem to have an answer for Riddick becoming a franchise: Yes, it will become a franchise due to the sucess of the game and the movie. Now its time for a new game on this topic. Discuss.
Both Ubi Soft and the creator wanted sequels, but the game's sales didn't warrant them.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14269

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
MusicFan wrote:
Both Ubi Soft and the creator wanted sequels, but the game's sales didn't warrant them.
Maybe so, but then again the game has a very big fanbase. Its kind of 50:50. The game was one of the best games of 2003, yet it was a financial flop.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14294

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
I got stuck in Beyond Good and Evil inside the Slaughterhouse after I've taken the second picture of evidence, you are supposed to go back to the Back to the surveillance room with the soldier to charge the laser turrets, into the trolly entrance, I climb through there and then the way is blocked off. I've never found out how to get through--- and so I ended up just giving up like 3/5 through the game.Overall though it was a very unique and interesting experience, it all felt very un-commercial...very French...and very art house. I loved it. Im not craving a sequel, but that's just because I didn't get through the first.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14475

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Zorn wrote:
We seem to have an answer for Riddick becoming a franchise: Yes, it will become a franchise due to the sucess of the game and the movie.Now its time for a new game on this topic. Discuss.EDIT: fvck. I didnt notice True's post.Why dont we discuss both?My take on LOD: The game will most likely never have a sequel. The ending doesnt leave much for a sequel to be built upon anyway. I may not have played LOD, but from what I've heard, alot of people dont think it needs a sequel.
Huh!? A lot of the fans I know want a LOD sequel (check the LOD threads over of G4techTv.com). But it will never happen. I still want to play Beyond Good and Evil.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14482

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
True wrote:
Huh!? A lot of the fans I know want a LOD sequel (check the LOD threads over of G4techTv.com). But it will never happen. I still want to play Beyond Good and Evil.
Yea, I know, but some hardcore fans I've talked to would prefer not to see a sequel. They said its due to the fact that the ending didnt leave much for a sequel to build upon.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14484

• True
  • Stage A - 1
What are hardcore LOD fans? Most of the one's in those thread we're/are big fans of the games (including me). The story don't have to be continuous sequel, it can have a new one, heck I'll take a remake for the newer system coming out.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14487

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
True wrote:
What are hardcore LOD fans? Most of the one's in those thread we're/are big fans of the games (including me). The story don't have to be continuous sequel, it can have a new one, heck I'll take a remake for the newer system coming out.
Well there you have it. The chances of an LOD sequel are uknown. Many fans want one but makers of LOD wont say anything. So for LOD, I have no idea if they'll ever make a sequel. Like BG&E, its a 50:50 chance.Now for another game. Discuss.

Future Franchise or One-Time Hit 15 years 1 month ago #14491

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Oh Hell Yeah! forgot about that one, Crimson Skies BETTER have a sequel! Anyone heard anything on that happening?