Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004?

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 1 month ago #13710

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
source: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539581p1.htmlAugust 17, 2004 - Shortly after the hyper-successful PC launch of Doom 3 (which sold an estimated 300,000 in one week), Id Software made several casual comments that pricked our ears. One concerned the possible delay of the Xbox version of Doom 3, and the others target the sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Id's desire to create an entirely new game franchise.Activision, "fresh" from its Doom 3 launch in the US, last week's Quake-Con, and the Doom 3 European launch last Friday, has officially said it has yet to pinpoint a date for Doom 3. According to CNN Money (Chris Morris's "Game Over" column), Hollenshead said that user interface and Xbox technology limitations are the chief obstacles in getting the game done quickly.He explained: "It's still up in the air. It could happen, but that's not our focus right now. Our focus is on the gameplay. ... 'Doom 3' is a game that on the PC is very finely tuned. There was a lot of play balancing. The stuff that was supposed to be tense resulted in a lot of tension for players. The stuff that was supposed to be scary makes people crap their pants. We want the Xbox version to be just as good." ..................More when you click the link to the article!
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 1 month ago #13795

i dont think its gonna be as scary on xbox that pc, because when you play a pc game, your VERY close to the screen, so if one of those imps jumps at you, your gonna be freaked out. On a console, your sitting like, 3-9 feet back, depending of where the xbox is. i also think that co-op isnt gonna be too good, since the levels are so claustrophobic, and imaging having 2 players cramped in a tight place? not very good.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 1 month ago #14042

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Almost every other issue of OXM is sating doubtful, then possible for Doom 3 to get done on the Xbox. It would be cool, but if not, there's always Halo 2. :D

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #15889

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16248

• Moxy
  • Level 1
it is almost better this way. I have the PC version and have soiled myself on several occasions.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16913

Whell when I play Resident Evil 2 on my PS2 I still jump when the zombie hands come outta the wall. But I would perfer it on my xbox because it lags way to much on my pc.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16966

• 8x11
  • Level 4
Seriously though, do you really think it will have the same chill factor as the PC version? Most console gamers will get bored by having to go everywhere with their flashlight out.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16982

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
8x11 wrote:
Seriously though, do you really think it will have the same chill factor as the PC version? Most console gamers will get bored by having to go everywhere with their flashlight out.
Oh yeah I'd hate to have to go everywhere with my flashlight hanging out. :smt077 Wait.....didn't I have a flashlight in all those Silent Hill games?..........nah must have been my imagination.;-)

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16987

• 8x11
  • Level 4
Lord Moon wrote:
Oh yeah I'd hate to have to go everywhere with my flashlight hanging out. :smt077 Wait.....didn't I have a flashlight in all those Silent Hill games?..........nah must have been my imagination.;-)
You know what I mean. The Doom games were always run and gun(which this one has those moments) but when majority of your time your walking around with a flashlight in a first person shoot, it's boring.

is Doom 3 DOOMED for 2004? 15 years 3 weeks ago #16989

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
8x11 wrote:
You know what I mean. The Doom games were always run and gun(which this one has those moments) but when majority of your time your walking around with a flashlight in a first person shoot, it's boring.
Meh, depends on the situation for me. Yeah Doom was run & gun for the most part, but I can deal with slowing down & sneaking if need be.
  • Page: