Forum

TOPIC: X-Box Live

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1066

• bleroy000
  • Level 1
I know this might be a dumb question, but I really have no idea about how X-Box Live is. I just traded in my PS2 for an X-Box, for ESPN 2k5, the difference in the X-Box graphics and PS2 is phenominal, but anyway I used to always go online with my sports games with my PS2 and it was alright, but can you tell me the differnce between PS2 online and X-Box live, is it worth getting X-Box live to play online with and could you tell me why? (sorry is this is noobish)..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1072

X-xbox live is alot smoother with online play. Not as many lag problems, not as many mic problems. X-Box Live is lovely. You have a friendslist that is universal, so when u boot up......goto friends and see what they are playing and what room.XBL is tight

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1081

ive tried both and i enjoy XBL much better. I love that you have a friends list that the best feture and the community is much more enjoyable. Then they have downloadable content like roster updats and new maps and whatnot. Xbox Live is just a great service

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1095

XBL is fantastic, a whole lot better than PS2 online. The main reason being that you need broadband to play on it that there's a lot less lag. To sign up you need a starter kit, they run for about $40, and a game subscription card after 3 months, they cost $50.

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1112

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
XBL is also international, unlike PS2 online. For reasons best known to Sony it's more or less impossible to play an online game against people from different regions eg North America and Europe on the PS2. The Xbox however thinks nothing of this and my friends list is littered with people from both sides of the Atlantic.However there can be problems to this, especially in the early days in the service. Not technical ones, more like cultural ones!When I first logged on to Mech Assault I found myself on a largely American server. The reaction I got from the other players varied from welcoming to outright hostility. Some of the most choice comments were:1) Hey you can't be English! They don't have the internet!2) Are you using an English accent voice mask?3) Hey foreign guy! GO HOME!!! <- this one cracked me up!Ad infinitum. I just hope none of you kick me for having a 'weird accent'. Yes that has happened to me.
XBL Tag: Kropotkin

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1153

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Kropotkin wrote:
XBL is also international, unlike PS2 online. For reasons best known to Sony it's more or less impossible to play an online game against people from different regions eg North America and Europe on the PS2. The Xbox however thinks nothing of this and my friends list is littered with people from both sides of the Atlantic.However there can be problems to this, especially in the early days in the service. Not technical ones, more like cultural ones!When I first logged on to Mech Assault I found myself on a largely American server. The reaction I got from the other players varied from welcoming to outright hostility. Some of the most choice comments were:1) Hey you can't be English! They don't have the internet!2) Are you using an English accent voice mask?3) Hey foreign guy! GO HOME!!! <- this one cracked me up!Ad infinitum. I just hope none of you kick me for having a 'weird accent'. Yes that has happened to me.
To be fair, most English People i've meet online are very nice and good people, and we usually get into good debates while playing....

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1906

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey guys. Mech Assault is a jungle anyways, people say anything online in that game. But I'm a n00b at playing it (I had it for a while but rarely play it) and never really had any problems, even though I suck. Almost every game I've played on it has mixed cultures/countries.On another note, Hey AGN! I saw you on for the first time Saturday night playing NCAA Football 05. Hope I didn't interrupt your game by sending that voice messege.True. First Post.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1942

I'm gonna be getting NCAA in the next couple days, and I'm thinking of getting XBL too. Is the starter kit needed or can you just get the $50 year subscription one.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #1947

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I think you can just buy the $49.99 XBOX LIVE card.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

X-Box Live 15 years 5 months ago #2359

• Thuggalo
  • Level 1
for 70 bux though you can get Crimson Skies with it...xbox sweetens the pot
Im About To Enroll In Columbine And Finish the Fucking Job