Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment announced a new Neverwinter update coming to your Xbox this September. Neverwinter: Elemental Evil will bring you four new expansions to get your Forgotten Realms fix (arguably the best D&D campaign setting ever), you will now be able to explore the Elemental Evil, Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, and Curse of the Icewind Dale.
For all of you adventurers that have maxed out your characters due to your incessant need to explore Faerun, you will now be able to level up even more due to an increase in the level cap from 60 to 70. Or you could start a new character with the new Oathbound Paladin (or not, we all know those uppity paladins are always hard to adventure with!). For more info check out http://www.arcgames.com
Black Friday is almost here! You may want to take advantage of the Black Friday Sales, some which are starting as early as 6:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014. In my opinion, it pays to know which stores are worth the time you may spend waiting in lines to own those coveted sale-priced video games, video game systems or other merchandise. To help you decide where to shop on Black Friday for video game merchandise -- I, Ms. H from Mom's Minute Video Game Show, will grade some prominent Black Friday retailers.
There will be lots of sales on all types of merchandise on Black Friday; however, I will be grading these establishments for video game prices, as well as video game systems and related peripheral video game type merchandise. If you want to know which store offers the best Black Friday deals on gaming merchandise -- you are at the right place.
As a disclaimer, the ratings here are my opinions, which of course you may or may not agree with. Grades were not based on prices alone, but include the array of discount offers , as well as the quantity of video game merchandise choices available at the retail establishments on Black Friday. On Black Friday, I believe retailers' merchandise should have extraordinary sale prices so low that these low prices will entice you to leave the comfort of your home, venture into the crowds to get those coveted video games, or video game merchandise. The grades will be listed, starting from the lowest performing Black Friday establishment in the group and end with the store that has the best video game deals befitting Black Friday sales. If the retail store you frequent for video game merchandise is not included in the list, you may visit its website, check out the ads and find out if the sales are worth your valuable time as well as your hard-earned money. With that being said, let's get started with the grading countdown!
10. Sears: In my opinion, Sears is not known for video games per se and Sears video game Black Friday ads reflected that. In looking over Sears' ads, I did not see a sale that, in my opinion, you would want to stand in line for or to even visit the store. There were a few Nintendo products advertised such as the Nintendo 3DS XL for $169.99 which has a regular price of $199.99 and the Nintendo 2DS for $99.99 -- regular price $129.99. There were a few accompanying games for these systems ranging from $29.99 to $39.99 -- certainly nothing to write home about. It goes without saying that Sears Black Friday video game sales are a fail.
Sears Black Friday sale starts 6:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 through November 29, 2014.
9. GameStop: Someone needs to notify GameStop that Black Friday is a time to lower regular priced video game merchandise substantially to prices that would be categorized as Black Friday sales. It may be understandable that GameStop wants to be conservative with their Black Friday pricing since their core business model is based on video games --unlike some of the other retail establishments that sell video game merchandise -- However, looking at GameStop Black Friday sales -- the prices for video game merchandise were not anywhere near competitive with some other retail establishments. For example, at GameStop, the video game Destiny is $49.99, a mere $10.00 savings from its regular price of $59.99. GameStop is offering the usual video game system bundles that sell comparably elsewhere for the same price including the Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Black Flag bundle for $329.99 and the PlayStation 4 Limited Edition Bundle which comes with Grand Theft Auto V and a digital copy of the Last of Us Remastered for $399.99. These are standard prices for the video game bundles at most other establishments that sell video game merchandise -- so there are actually no or very little savings here. There are sporadic savings on a few older games, such as Call of Duty Ghost for $27.99 -- regular price $49.99, and the Xbox One wireless controller is $44.99, a savings of $15.00. The largest savings I saw in the GameStop ads were $20.00 off sports games that regularly sold for $59.99 which included Madden 15, FIFA 15, NHL 15 and Need for Speed Rivals. I recommend you save your gas and not shop at Sears -- or bypass Sears if are looking for true Black Friday sales.
GameStop's Black Friday sale starts at midnight, November 28, 2014 and ends November 30, 2014.
8. Kmart: Kmart differentiated itself this Black Friday shopping year by opening early, 6:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Unfortunately, I did not see any video game sales that were that exciting to get up so early for. Someone needs to advise Kmart to rethink its points system and let their mangement know that most customers shop for money deals and not deals in points. Kmart lists several video games at the regular price where you can earn points. For example, Super Mario Brothers video game for the WII U is the regular price of $59.99 with a notice that members get $40.00 back in points. You are not saving $40.00 on the video game -- but can save $40.00 on your next shopping trip. You can of course return to the store and buy another video game using the $40.00 earned in points, but you still paid full price for the first game that you bought, which in my opinion is not true savings.
Kmart Black Friday sale starts 6:00 a.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
7. Xbox Games Store: If you have an Xbox One or an Xbox 360, you may want to check out some of the digital video game Black Friday sales. Microsoft is advertising a wide range of video game titles showing a percentage discount as high as 75% off the original prices. For instance, Angry Birds Star Wars will be 30% off the regular price as well as Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. Use caution in your purchases on Xbox Live since it's been reported that although some of the games are advertised as being a certain percentage off -- when you do the math on some -- the savings sometime are much less. To get these sales, you must be an Xbox Live Gold member.
Xbox Games Store Black Friday sale is from November 25, 2014 through December 1, 2014.
6. PlayStation Store: Just ahead of Xbox Games Store Black Friday sales grade-wise is the PlayStation Store. PlayStation Store is advertising more than 30 titles discounted up to 65% off -- Up to 80% off if you are a PS Plus member. Note the discounts are "up to" a certain percentage instead of an actual percentage. What I liked about the PlayStation Store Black Friday ad was instead of listing games with percentage offs (like Xbox Games Store) -- the actual sale prices broken down by the PS Plus price and regular sales price were listed. You could see at a glance how much money you were saving. For example, Angry Bird Star Wars PS Plus Price was $22.49, sale price was $24.99 compared to the regular price of $49.99. Soul Sacrifice Delta for the PS Vita has a sales price of $17.99 and a PS Plus price of $14.39 compared to the regular price of $35.99. I also noticed that most of the discounts were on the older games -- and no -- Destiny was not discounted for Black Friday. Note: PSN also has a sale that if you spend more than $100 using your SEN Wallet, you will receive a redemption code of $15.00 on or before December 15, 2014 which must be redeemed by January 13, 2015.
PlayStation Store Black Friday Sale is from November 25, 2014 until December 2, 2014.
5. Toys R Us: Toys R Us would be higher on the list if its inventory of video games were larger. Unfortunately, if you shop Toys R Us, there are no guarantees that the games you are looking for will be available. For video games, the Black Friday sale is Buy 1, get 1 40% off.
Toys R Us Black Friday sale starts 6:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 and ends November 29, 2014.
4. Target: Target was in the news regarding credit card breaches during the holidays last year, 2013 -- and its sales performance seem to have not been as negatively affected as expected. Regarding this year's video game Black Friday sales, Target has the Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle and Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital download for $329.99. Call of Duty Ghost is $25.00, and Madden 15 is $15.00. What cemeted Target in the top five was their blockbuster Black Friday sale of a 40" Element TV for only $119.00.
Target's Black Friday sale starts 6:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 through November 29, 2014.
3. Amazon: Give it to Amazon to be creative with their Black Friday sales. For instance, on-line retailer Amazon is featuring Black Friday sales coupled with a timing element. For example, every 10 minutes an item is placed on sale. To find out the price, you click on "Deal Price" to see what your savings are. By being an online store, reaching millions of customers, Amazon has the flexibility to announce Black Friday deals creatively. You get the sale by simply clicking on the item you wish to purchase. The above being said, let's see how Amazon is faring relative to its online video game merchandise sales. I must say that it is faring quite well. To illustrate -- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Ultimate Media Collection for the PS4 and Xbox One is selling for $72.70, a discount of 66% from the original price of $215.03. You save even more if you buy the regular collection -- sale price $54.98, a 69% savings over the regular price of $179.97. If you are in the market for an Xbox One and do not mind waiting for it to be delivered, the Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle is reduced 13% for a price of $349.99, a savings of $50.00. Other online Amazon Black Friday video game sales include The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary video game for the PC -- $26.99 and Wolfenstein The New Order playable on the PS4 and the Xbox One for $29.99. In my opinion, Amazon is a viable source for your Black Friday video game sales, especially if you can get free shipping on video game items and do not mind waiting to receive your Black Friday merchandise.
Amazon Black Friday sale started with pre-Black Friday sales, the middle of November and the sales continue through December 1, 2014.
2.Best Buy: Best Buy is known for people camping outside days prior to the start of its Black Friday sales. From a video game perspective, the question is -- is the waiting in line worth it? Just as some of the other stores listed, Best Buy has the Xbox One Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle selling for $329.99 as well as the PlayStation 4 The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V for $399.99. There is also an Assassin's Creed: Unity bundle with Kinect and a free extra Xbox One controller for $429.99. If you are in the market for a big screen TV, Best Buy will have a 50" Panosonic 60 Hz 1080 p LED television selling for only $199.99.
Video game deals include Call of Duty Ghosts, MLB 14 and The Walking Dead for $19.99 each. Madden 15, Diablo, FIFA 15 and NBA 2k15 are $29.99 each, a savings of $30.00.
Similar to some other Black Friday sales, current video games are also on sale, for example both Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare and Destiny are $44.99, a savings of $15.00 each.
Best Buy's Black Friday sale starts 5:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 and will close at 1:00 a.m. the following morning. Stores will then reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Black Friday, November 28, 2014. Online deals are available all day Thursday and Friday at http://www.bestbuy.com .
1. Walmart: Drum Roll -- Da! Daaah! -- and the winner is the retail giant Walmart. Walmart is not relying on its reputation of being a low-price leader not only in video games -- but other merchandise as well. It has been in the media a lot -- reminding you of its low priced merchandise. You may have seen the youtube videos and television commercials tooting not only Black Friday sales at Walmart -- but also all the different sales options available. Walmart has a low price Black Friday guarantee to match Black Friday sales at other retail establishments if the Walmart price is higher. Additionally Walmart will have hourly blockbuster deals beginning on Thanksgiving Day.
The video game sales include the $329.00 Xbox One Assassins Creed: Unity Bundle as well as the $379.00 Xbox One with your choice of game bundle and a 12-month Live card. (Walmart exclusive). Purchase a $399.99 PlayStation 4 and get a free $50.00 gift card. The $449.00 PlayStation 4 Grand Theft Auto V bundle is on sale with a choice of two games. (Walmart exclusive).
Walmart sales start 6:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014 with a second round of doorbusters set to start at 8:00 p.m. on the same day. On Friday, November 28, 2014, Walmart stores will reopen at 6:00 a.m. which is two hours earlier than last year. Some 24 hour Walmarts will remain open.
Alert: If you plan to shop at Walmart or any of the above stores where there are large crowds, practice safety whether you are shopping Black Friday sales alone or with others. Remember, it is nice to get items on sale, but it is even more important to be safe.
Happy Thanksgiving -- Happy Black Friday Shopping and be safe!
Valiant Interactive, the independent studio out of Edinburgh, has released a new trailer and demo for their action packed arcade sports game that is to be released on the PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Mac, and Linux. A game of running, catching, diving for discs thrown by your opponent as you try to score enough goals to reduce the score of the poor sap that decided to go against you to zero.
So if you are like me and don’t actually want to go outside and throw some discs around when you can do it from the comfort of my couch. You can vote yes at their Steam Greenlight page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520355436 You can also visit their web page at http://gyrodiscsuperleague.com/ to get more info and you can find the free demo here.
It's that time of the year when lots of people, including myself want to enjoy huge savings from shopping the Black Friday sales. However, the question is where do you shop to get the biggest bang for your buck. If you want help in choosing where to shop for video game deals, you have come to the right place. I am Ms. H from the Mom's Minute Video Game Show, and I have graded the Black Friday video game sales for you.
As a disclaimer, the video game sales listed are not all inclusive, so if your favorite game is not listed, feel free to check the retailer's ad or website to see if the video game is on sale. Also if you want to know where to get a 50" $100 HDTV on Black Friday, you will have to look elsewhere. My grades are for Black Friday video games and video game bundles only. No other merchandise was considered for my video game Black Friday sales grading system.
Stores Closed on Thanksgiving
If you ask me what changed the most from Black Friday 2015 when compared to Black Friday 2014, I would say it's the ads announcing some stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. Of course Thanksgiving is a time to be with family and friends, but the last time I checked, dinner usually lasts less than an hour. Most of the stores on Thanksgiving are opening around 5:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. which still allows time for family get-togethers. Truth be told, I'm sure there are other reasons some stores are not opening on Thanksgiving Day, having little to do with corporations' concern for you and your family-time on the holiday.
Of the stores closed on Thanksgiving, those that sell video games are Costco, Sam's Club and GameStop. Based on my Black Friday grade for GameStop this year, you are not missing much by this store being closed on Thanksgiving Day. Known for giving you literally pennies for your used video games and being not too generous on video game sales, I think it's ok for GameStop to stay closed not only on Thanksgiving, but Black Friday as well. Check out my grading for GameStop to see why I'm making such a bold statement that's it fine with me if GameStop stayed closed on these days.
I will be grading the video game Black Friday sales starting from the retailer that was least impressive to the stand out star. I will let you know why they improved or got worst from the previous year. In some cases, I will give my recommendations on how the retailers can improve next year.
In my opinion, Sears may be in the process of becoming a dinosaur if changes are not made soon. Even teaming up with K-Mart did not seem to help their standing. There is not much to report regarding Sears Black Friday video game sales. Sears has the Xbox One Gears of War Bundle for $299.99. Also the Xbox 360 is on sale for $129.00. I gave Sears a failing grade of an F last year due to the lack of good video game sales advertised.
While Sears has not improved much in this area, I'm raising their grade from an F because they seem to be going against the grain and will start their Black Friday sales at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015. To improve their grade for next year, Sears need to promote their video game sales via television ads and other media. They missed a big opportunity this year by not jumping on the Star Wars band wagon and promoting not only video games, but other Star Wars related merchandise as well.
Sears Grade: D
Kohl's was not featured in my 2014 Black Friday grading system, mainly because they were under the radar. However, this year Kohl's may have increased their public relations' budget to include advertising video games. However, similar to Sears, nothing much is going on in the way of video game Black Friday sales. Kohl's will have a sale on the Xbox One and PS4 bundles for $299.99 and will be throwing in a $75.00 Kohl's cash card with the bundle.
Kohl's is also advertising 30% off such video games as Just Dance 2015, Destiny, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and the Lego Movie. If you plan to shop the Black Friday video game sales, I recommend you shop on-line since Kohl's usually do not stock video games in the store. As a side note, if you are interested in cameras, Kohl's is advertising a $799.99 Canon for $399.99.
Kohl's Grade: D+
You probably know that a grade of C means average. In my opinion, everyone should strive to be above average or even to be superior -- by being an A student. However, relative to video games, the majority of video game Black Friday sales fell within the C area of being average.
Yes, Dell sells video games. The video game bundle Dell has on sale online is XBox One Gears of War, where you get Fallout 4 video game and an extra controller -- all for $299.99. No other newsworthy video games were on sale, which is the basis for Dell receiving a grade of C-. However, the quality of this video game bundle sale outweighs the lack of other video game sales --moving this sale in the average category.
Dell Grade: C-
In my opinion, there are no blockbuster video game sales at GameStop that would warrant standing in a long line or any line for that matter. They have an Xbox One Bundle for $299.99 where you save $50.00. A PS4 500 GB Uncharted bundle is on sale for $299.99 -- a $50.00 savings. The Nintendo 32 GB Wii U is selling for $219.99, a savings of $20.00. Relative to video games, FIFA 16 for the PS 3 is $29.99. Of note is you get a free copy of Assassin's Creed Unity when you purchase Assassin's Creed Syndicate. As stated above, GameStop is closed on Thanksgiving, but to their credit, this store will be opening bright and early at 5:00 a.m. on Black Friday, November 27, 2015.
GameStop Grade: C-
Did you know K-Mart is bringing back their blue light specials? I guess they are running out of new ideas to beat their biggest competitor, Walmart. Regarding video games bundles, K-Mart is advertising an Xbox One Halo 5 Guardian Limited Edition Bundle online at a price of $499.99 with free shipping. No other video game sales stood out, hence K-Mart's grade of C-.
K-Mart Grade: C-
A new entry, pun intended, is NewEgg which is an online seller. NewEgg has a PS4 console Star Wars Bundle with Fall Out Four as well as Call of Duty Black Ops -- all on sale for $429.97, a savings of $40.00. Also on sale is a PS4 Batman Arkham Knight Bundle where you get the system, game and controller for $369.99, a savings of $30.00.
NewEgg Grade: C+
Valve's Steam is another new entry in my grading system. Steam does not have a Black Friday sale per se, but rather an Autumn sale and what is being called an Exploratory sale that started November 25, 2015. Additionallly, I found out there will no longer be daily or flash sales where games are offered at very deep discounts for a limited time-frame. Instead the video games discounted price will not change during the sales period.
Of these sales, I did not see any that stood out. Fall Out New Vegas which has a regular price of $9.99 is on sale for $2.49. Fall Out 3 Game of the Year Edition's sale price is $6.79, down from its regular price of $19.99. Steam has the Tom Clancy's Franchise pack which features 14 items on sale for $42.46, regular price is $169.86. Company of Heroes Franchise Edition which includes 9 items with a regular price of $99.99 is on sale for $24.99. Company of Heroes 2 with a regular price of $34.99 is on sale for $8.74. Darkest Dungeon is on sale for $11.99, regular price $19.99. HyperDimension Neptunia Re; Birth1 with a regular price of $29.99 is on sale for $5.99.
The Crew video game with a regular price of $29.99 is on sale for $14.99. This Steam PC price for The Crew is lower than the game on Amazon, which is selling for $21.95 for the PS4.
Steam Grade: C
Now it's time to move from the average zone to more higher performing Black Friday sales beginning with Amazon.com and ending with the winning Black Friday video game sale retailer.
Amazon.com, in my opinion, was very agressive about its Black Friday sales In fact, I believe Amazon.com started advertsing sometime after Halloween. When I visited Amazon.com to check out Black Friday video game sales, there were on-going type sales, some with time-limits. Buyer beware. If you visit Amazon.com for Black Friday video game sales, you may find yourself buying more than you planned.
I locked into Black Friday sales at Amazon.com as follows: PS4 Need for Speed is on sale for $39.99. NBA Live 15 for the Xbox One is on sale for $11.99. Borderlands for the PS4 is $29.99 and the Special Edition of NBA 2K15 for the Xbox One is on sale for $68.36. Family Fun Pack for the Xbox One and Dark Souls II for the PS4 is on sale for $19.99. Amazon.com earns a B- simply because it was not easy for me to extrapolate the Black Friday Day video games sales. That being said, I highly recommend you check out the Black Friday video game sales at Amazon.com and it's fine to shop for other items as well. Have fun!
Amazon.com Grade: B-
6. Best Buy
Best Buy continues its tradition of having people camp out for its Black Friday sales. I saw a deal where you can get an Xbox One Lego Movie Bundle plus a 40" LED television for $499.98, a savings of $300.00. Other sales include Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition video game for $349.99, a savings of $50.00. Additional video game sales are Madden 16 for the Xbox One, NBA 2K16 and W2K16, as well as FIFA 16 for $29.99 each. Best Buy gets a B- because the price reductions are not as steep as other stores selling the same video games.
Best Buy Grade: B-
5. PlayStation 4 Store
For some reason, Sony is not calling its sale a Black Friday sale. Instead the sale is being called a CO-OP sale, maybe to not confuse its global video game customers? Unlike Microsoft's Xbox One Store which used Black Friday to name its sales, Playstation 4 loses a grading point because it did not do the same.
The PS4 store video game sales that stood out were Battlefield Hardline Standard Edition with a regular price of $39.99 -- on sale for $21.99. Ultra Street Fighter IV is on sale for $17.49, having a regular price of $24.99. Far Cry 4 is on sale for $30.00 -- regular price is $59.99.
Addtionally, the PlayStation 4 website has a deal where you get 10% off your total purchase if you use a code on the website. The offer expires December 1, 2015.
PlayStation 4 Store Grade: B-
4. Xbox One Store
When you visit the Xbox One Store, you see a Black Friday Sale prominently displayed, not misnamed or renamed as some of the other online video game stores did. In addition to video games, Xbox One has sales on Xbox Live gold memberships. Battlefield Hardline which has a regular price of $27.99 is on sale for $23.99. Battlefield 4 Premiere Edition is on sale for $30.00 and has a regular price of $35.99 - $59.99. Dark Souls II is on sale for $20.00 and has a regular price of $23.99 - $39.99. Evolve is on sale for $16.00 and has a regular price of $20.00 - $39.99.
Xbox One Store Grade: B+
You may recall Target had some security issues with credit card usage not too long ago. Hopefully this problem will not resurface. That being said, during the holiday season as well as all year long, always check your credit card transactons and balances to make sure no unauthorized or fradulent charges show up. Should this happen, notify your credit card company immediately, discontinue using the card and request a replacement credit card.
Regarding video game sales, Target has the Xbox One Gears of War Ultimate Edition Bundle on sale for $349.99. If you buy this bundle, you save $10.00 on your Xbox Live membership. Other video game sales include Dishonored for the Xbox One on sale for $20.00., Mad Maxx for the PS4, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 for the PS4, and Xbox One Family Fun Pack which are $25.00 each. Nintendo 3DS XL is on sale for $179.99. $15.00 video games include Mario Kart 7, Evolve, Far Cry 4 and New Super Mario Bros.
If you are a regular Target shopper, you may have received coupons where you can save money depending on the amount you spend. I suggest you use these coupons when you shop at Target on Black Friday. Depending on what you buy, you may be able to save money with the coupon as well as from the items already being on sale.
Target Grade: B
2. Toys R Us
Toys R Us opens at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 26, 2015 for Black Friday, so you can start shopping early. What stood out for me was the sale price of two video games for $25.00, which equates to $12.50 per game. These are mostly PS3 and Xbox 360 video games, but a good deal just the same. The video games include Star Wars III, Skate, Skyrim, Titanfall and Little Big Planet.
Toys R Us Grade: B+
And now, for the number 1 retailer for Black Friday sales. Drum roll, please.
Walmart retains its place as being number one when it comes to Black Friday video game sales. In fact, there were so many video game sales going on at Walmart during Black Friday, I had to stop taking notes and give my fingers a rest. It's unfortunate that some Walmarts have reputations that are not as stellar as other retailers, such as Target, and other similar big box stores. When you shop at Walmart, be sure to choose one where you feel safe or forgo going to that particular Walmart at all. Remember your safety is your number one priority. Also there is always the option to shop online, if you prefer not to go to Walmart in person.
Now, let's talk about why Walmart continues to be number one in Black Friday video game sales. The main reasons are the wide selection of video games on sale, low prices of video games, and Walmart's store policy to match prices against other retailers selling the same games.
Walmart video game sales include XBox One NBA 2K16, Madden 16 and FIFA 16 for $17.00. $35.00 games include Until Dawn for the PS4, The Phantom Pain for the Xbox One and Assassin's Creed Syndicate for the PS4 and the Xbox One. Other $35.00 video games include Dragon Age Inquisition, NHL 16 and Forza 6 for the Xbox One. $25.00 games include Mortal Kombat X, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Batman: Arkham Knight, Splatoon, GTA V, Bloodborne for the PS4 and Mad Maxx for the Xbox One. $15.00 video games include Battlefield Hardline for the PS4, Gears of War and Evolve for the PS4. Divinity Original Sin, Enhancement Edition for the PS4 is on sale for $39.99.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is on sale at Walmart for its Black Friday sale for $8.00. By contrast, the same video game is selling at Best Buy for $39.99.
Video game bundles include Uncharted for the PS4 on sale for $299.00, regular price $349.00. The Wii U bundle with Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon is on sale for $250.00.
Outside of video games, I want to share with you that the FitBit is on sale at Walmart for $59.99 which has a regular price of $99.00. You can also get a 7" RCA tablet for $28.88. If you shop Walmart for video games, you may want to check out some of their other Black Friday sales as well.
Walmart Grade: A
That's it for my grading of Black Friday video game sales for 2015. A note of caution: The day after Black Friday is known for headlines of altercations and worse as some people get overly agressive in taking advantage of these sales. Stay out of the headlines, and more importanly be safe if you plan to shop the Black Friday sales in person. Be vigilant, observant, always be aware of your surroundings and remember saving a few dollars during Black Friday is not worth jeopardizing your well being. Stay safe and enjoy!
This Week, 10/15 - 10/21 you can win a limited edition All Games ‘Legacy’ t-shirt by getting an achievement or trophy in a videogame. It can be any achievement, on any Xbox or Playstation game. But you must have earned it this weekend, no old trophies from that time you played Resistance once in 2014 will be accepted.
To be eligible to win, post proof of your achievement or trophy on the AllGames Website in the contest forum, or on Twitter with the hashtag (#allgamesWASW). You can also share the accomplishment on your console’s social platform,(Xbox Live or Playstation Network). At the end of the week a winner will be chosen randomly from the entries and they will receive a beautiful high quality limited edition AllGames Legacy collector’s items t-shirts.
(we can ship to US or US Military Base addresses)
Larian Studios revealed the Divinity: Original Sin trailer at this year’s Gamescom. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is being published to your Playstation 4 and Xbox One this Autumn by Focus Home Interactive.
This classic RPG game has turn based combat that will keep you on your toes (or on the edge of your couch if you prefer), use your spells and abilities to take out your enemies alone or with a friend. In Divinity you will be able to explore the world of Rivellon by yourself or in co-op mode where you will share your couch and the screen. Stick together and you will be on one screen, wander apart and you will automatically be moved to a split screen! For more info check out www.larian.com
You can watch every 2015 E3 Press Conference live, right here on AllGames without the risk of missing anything. On Allgames.com/live we have set up each press event friom this year's E3 for your convienence. While you're watching, you can hop into the AllGames chat room to talk about it with the always fun AG Community. Or start the live audio stream to hear expert commentary from your favorite AllGames Hosts.
Here's the schedule for the week.
Oculus - June 11, 10 am PT
Bethesda — June 14, 7 pm PT -
Microsoft Xbox — June 15, 9:30 am PT -
Nintendo — June 16, 9 am PT -
Watch them all here live at AllGames.com/live